Sunday, May 15, 2011

Preacher Boy

  Some years ago I played a gig with my friends Andrew and Adam on the lawn of a small church in front of a highway in Florida.   We were billed as "the preacher boys" for some reason haha........a few people showed up to eat fried chicken, but mostly people just seemed to be confused about what we where trying to accomplish, passing by with looks of strange consternation.  All in all it was kind of a lame experience but still fun hanging out with those two crazy guys!  Andrew was the only one that "preached" that day.  I never really wanted to preach because growing up, "preaching" was something my mom did when I was in trouble.......it seemed like "preaching" was something you did to someone who "deserved it" and would do their best not to find themselves in that situation again.


  Five years later I've found myself a "preacher boy" again.  This time around I'm not always just singing.  Sometimes I talk to folks.  Sometimes there is a mic involved.  I hope what I am saying resonates with the folks I'm speaking to.  I wonder where this gift will intersect with my life and the ministry Jesus does through me.  As of right now I'm not totally sure what to make of it.  I want my words to be the kinds of things that help to strengthen the faith of my friends and offer hope to the down and out.  I hope that Jesus will make a difference with my words. I really love words and I want to use them for His glory.


  So, bellow are some things I've spoken about in the last year or so.  Would you pray for me as I work through the dude and minister Jesus is forming in me?


  Do you find yourself speaking into people's lives?  How did it all begin?  Did you ever think you would find yourself in this place?


    Gods Peace
     +walker


 
   

      

No comments:

Post a Comment