Friday, January 14, 2011

Welcome to my new blog!

Hi friends,

  Welcome to my new blog!  A few of you have told me I should start blogging for a couple years now.  I finally decided to begin!  One of the things I love most in life is deep conversation with good friends, the kind that inspires you, challenges you, and leaves you to thinking and changing.  Perhaps you and I have not been able to have one of these conversations for a while now.  I have lived in many places over that last 28 years or so and miss the good conversation of many of you as we now find ourselves in different cities and places in life.  I hope this new conversation will be an opportunity for us to reconnect and  think together about the things in life that matter most.  I also hope to meet new friends as we all think and converse together.

  One of the reasons I have waited so long to blog is that I thought blogs were just created to give sassy 20 somethings something to do while they wait for their parents to come home from work.  Or maybe they were made for folks with deep frustrations and no audience, to attack people who are too important or busy to listen to them!  Lately however, I have received some real wisdom from thinkers who blog and have been inspired to do the same, believing we all have much to learn from one another.

  Like any good conversation, I want to have a purpose for us sharing life together so here are some guidelines to keep us on track:

  1.  For the most part this blog is "about things" not "against things".
  2.  This blog is a conversation so we should be interactive with one another.
  3.  We choose to read any articles in their entirety before discussing them together.
  4.  We choose to treat those we disagree with in a respectful way.
  5.  We only write when we have something to say.

  I am truly excited about our time together!  Its been too long!


Gods Peace
+walker

 

2 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to this Walker! It is so neat to read what God is doing in the lives of other people! Blogging is such a great way to share thoughts more fully...I can't wait for more "conversations" here.

    PS: Say "hi" to your hot wife for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that this blog is for then twenty somethings and some of us sixty somethings can join into free discussion on different topics. Looking forward to your first post and will be following you closely.
    THE DOCTOR

    ReplyDelete